This workshop deals with the concepts of stereotypes, prejudice, and discrimination. While these terms are commonly used, this commonness can hide the real complexity associated with them. The purpose of this workshop is to help you understand these complexities and the implications of stereotypes and prejudice for the way that we treat others.
On completing this workshop, you will be able to:
- Articulate the definitions of stereotypes, prejudice, and discrimination.
- Understand the relationship between stereotypes and prejudice.
- Understand the differences between implicit and explicit stereotypes and prejudice.
- Recognize ways in which you may endorse implicit stereotypes and prejudice.
- Articulate how and when stereotypes and prejudice are likely to influence discriminatory behavior.
- Begin to prevent or interrupt the application of stereotypes and prejudice to acts of discrimination.
If you have any technical questions, please contact the Penn State ITS help desk: (814) 863-2494 or email email@example.com.